IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- Monday, July 23 at 7:00 pm | Team Registration
- Friday, August 31st | Team Roster & Team Fee Deadline
- Monday, September 17 at 6:30 pm | Captain's Meeting
- Friday, September 21 at 10:00 pm | Fundraising deadline
- Saturday, September 22 | Event Date -- ALL DAY!
BRACKETS & FIRST ROUND BYES
- Brackets will be pulled at the conclusion of our Captain's Meeting on Tuesday, September 17th
- The top 6 fundraising teams will be awarded first-round byes, securing that they will play no earlier than 10:30 AM on tournament day
- We will post the brackets right here after the drawing
The OK Classic Charity Softball Tournament is a one day, 20-team, co-ed, 14-inch, charity softball tournament, and festival in benefit of the Warriors at Opportunity Knocks. This event began in 2007 as a memorial to a very dear friend of the Warriors who passed away at a young age while serving as an Americorps volunteer in Alaska. The KG Classic, named after Kathleen Garrigan is often considered the launching pad of Opportunity Knocks. Several years later, the event was re-named the OK Classic, honing its focus on the OK mission. The KG spirit lives on at OK, while the Classic continues to be a key fundraising event in support of the programs at OK.
The OK mission is dedicated to providing opportunities and resources for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities so they may pursue their educational, occupational and social interests. We believe in the power of the voice of every Warrior. We believe in an interdependent connection between each Warrior and their community. We believe in a fearless exploration of life's experiences, unhinged by ability. We believe in the importance of mental, physical and emotional wellness.
The people we serve are Warriors and it is our belief that their place in the community is both valuable and necessary. Because of their perseverance and strength, we endearingly dub our participants as Warriors.